Whether date night (or weekend away) there’s plenty to do to mark the occasion
This Valentine’s Day may fall on a Tuesday, but that doesn’t mean you have to limit yourself to a middle of the week celebration. There is plenty to do in and around Las Cruces to spark the romance or celebrate the occasion with friends.
A jailhouse twist
Southwest Expeditions is hosting a Valentines Lockdown at the Historic Jail! Date night (as a couple or with friends) takes place at the 1937 historic Doña Ana County Courthouse Saturday, Feb. 11 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 251 W. Amador Ave. Hors D’oeurvres and wine will be served. Music, get-to-know-your- date games add to the fun. Rooftop views of the city and Organ Mountains set the scene for the perfect start to the evening.
The night kicks into gear with a candlelight walk to the jail, get locked in with your date or friend(s), have a picture taken to mark the occasion, then head to the old exercise yard for a way to solidify those 2023 wishes.
This is a 21+ event. Purchase tickets through Southwest Expeditions.
Sip the day away
Southern New Mexico is the oldest wine-producing region in the country, so why not take advantage it?! Sip your way through Visit Las Cruces’ wine trail, savor some nosh or sit down for a romantic meal along the way. Nine wineries make up the trek including Amaro, Rio Grande and others. Whether it’s a Galentines Day outing or a romantic way to spend the weekend, check out the full trail and learn more about each destination here.
Love is in the “fresh” air
Las Cruces doesn’t lack for awe-inspiring landscapes, that easily serve as a romantic backdrop or Insta-worthy experience. Get outdoors and take a hike or catch the sunset or sunrise with a date or friend.
The Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument is made up of the Organ Mountains, Robledo Mountains, Sierra de las Uvas, Portillo Mountains and Doña Ana Mountains. The extensive landscapes and mountain ranges provide a variety of activities, including photography, hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, biking, camping, off roading and more.
- Slot Canyon in the Sierra de las Uvas
- Often mistaken for the Robledos.
- Doña Ana Arch
- UTV/ATV strongly recommended.
- Geranimo Cave
- The dry riverbed makes the journey more easily accessible.
- Aguirre Springs
- Located on the east-facing side of the Organs for a change of scenery.
Discover one of the world’s great natural wonders: White Sands National Park. The white dunes of Las Cruces’ nearby national park are a dreamy background for a romantic outing. Less than an hour away, the park is open year-round offering several ranger-led programs that allow visitors of all ages to experience the park in a more immersive way. Cul-de-sacs off the main drive provide places to park if trekking the dunes as a couple or with friends is more your style. Hours of operation vary throughout the year and unexpected closures may happen on occasion, so visitors are encouraged to check the park website before heading out.
Several hotels in the area are offering Valentine specials for those looking for an overnight stay.
- Courtyard by Marriott Las Cruces at New Mexico State University, 456 E. University Ave. has its Romance Package available to guests. It includes a room, two small bottles of champagne upon arrival, six-piece chocolate-covered strawberries, one $20 Food & Beverage credits per room, and late check out (based on availability). For more details, visit com.
- Staybridge Suites, 2651 E. Northrise Dr., is offering its own special with discounted rates for Valentines Days. To take advantage of this deal, visit com.
- If you have a specific hotel in mind, give them a call or check online for possible Valentine specials.
Indulge in Las Cruces’ delicious food scene for a little romance. A classic dinner date never goes out of style. Reservations may be required. Whether getting the friend group together to celebrate or just a dinner for two, area restaurants have you covered:
- Farmesilla’s Bourbon & Chocolate Tasting Dinner
- Peter Piper Pizza Heart-Shaped Pizza
- The Player’s Grill annual Valentine’s Wine Dinner
- Le Rendez-vous Cafe & French Pastry Valentine’s Day Lunch
- Le Rendez-vous Cafe & French Pastry Valentine’s Heart-Shaped Cookies, Chocolate Strawberries
- Dry Point Distillers Valentines Dinner
- Hacienda de Mesilla Valentine’s Dinner for Two
- Double Eagle Restaurant Valentine’s Special Menu
- Check in with your favorite Las Cruces restaurant for any specials or Valentine’s availability.
- Stroll Historic Mesilla, NM
- Grab a sweet treat at Caliche’s Frozen Custard, La Reyna Michocana, Paleta Bar or your favorite Las Cruces bakery
- Day trip to Ruidoso, NM
- Hot springs soak in Truth or Consequences, NM
- Did someone say brunch? A staple Las Cruces weekend outing, check in with your favorite brunch spot for any Valentine specials or offerings.
- Guys (or girls) brew up some fun or bring the heat by checking out Visit Las Cruces’ Ale Trail or Walk of Flame
- Get married at Plaza de Las Cruces or the Doña Ana County Government Center
@visitlascruces All the things you can stop and see/do on a Day Trip to and from Las Cruces to Ruidoso, NM. #newmexico #lascruces #visitlascruces #lascrucesnm #ruidoso #innofthemountaingods #WhiteSands #nationalpark #giantpistachio #pistachio #space #museums #church #minigolf #gokart #spencertheater #theater #wahlburgers #whitesandsnationalpark #Thaifood #travel #daytrip ♬ ROADTRIP – Ković Red
Comments are closed.