This unique aerial tour will fly participants into the large volcanic crater, Kilbourne Hole and explore the history of the Apollo Space program here. Designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1974, Kilbourne Hole is a globally famous mile-wide volcanic maar crater thought to be 80,000 years old. This rare geologic site was used by the Apollo 12-17 missions to train astronauts for a lunar environment.
On this tour your pilot will land in the bottom of Kilbourne Hole where you will enjoy champagne, wine, and cheese, and get to explore the crater.
*Note: Passengers will need to be at the airport 30 minutes prior to flight!
Meeting Location: Santa Teresa Airport, 8000 Airport Rd, Santa Teresa, NM 88008
Date and Time: September 11th & 24th, starting at 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Participant Limit: Can accommodate many guests on each flight , depending on total weight of load
Age Range: 5+
What You Need to Bring: Camera | Sun Hats | Sunscreen | Water & Snacks
What’s Provided: Champaign | Wine & Cheese at Kilbourne Hole
Cost: Begins @ $149 (per person)
- Meet at the Santa Teresa Airport
- Enjoy coffee and light snacks
- Present other event and tour opportunities
- Review all release information
- Load passengers into helicopter
- Fly to tourist destination
- Return and unload passengers from helicopter
- Receive discount offer for the War Eagle Museum